OPEN PhD POSITION (Marie Curie ESR fellowship)
Who we are
The IMDEA Energy Institute is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the IMDEA Energy Institute is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions for reaching a sustainable energy system. The IMDEA Energy Institute is expected to strength and to have a significant impact on the R&D activities on energy themes by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources, and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
What we offer
• Applications are invited for one Early Stage Researcher (ESR) in Electrochemical Energy Storage within ITN RENAISSANCE: “Initial Training Network in Innovative Polyelectrolytes for Energy and Environment”.
• The contract will have a duration of 36 months subject to annual evaluation. Access to a PhD program in collaboration with the University will be facilitated.
• The successful candidate will join the Electrochemical Energy Storage Group to reinforce the research line “Application of Innovative Polyelectrolytes and Graphitic Materials in Supercapacitors”.
• Furthermore, the selected ESR will participate in the activities of the ITN RENAISSANCE including research collaborations and possibilities of secondments with 8 European partners including 3 industries.
• Training in fundamental and applied electrochemistry emphasizing in electrochemical energy storage will be provided.
• Very interesting salary conditions according to Marie Curie rules.
What we want/need
• Candidates should have a Master degree, less than 4 years of research experience (fulltime equivalent, measured from the date the degree was obtained) and they should not have been living in Spain for 12 months during the last 36 months. In addition, it is required that, at the time of recruitment, candidates have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree (ITN eligibility criteria).
• Candidates with a strong background-interest in electrochemistry, energy storage, polymer chemistry and/or materials chemistry are searched.
The position will be filled as soon as suitable candidates appear (aprox. starting date 01/09/2012)
Applicants should send a letter of interest, a CV and two reference letters to: Rebeca Marcilla, firstname.lastname@example.org.