BIOINFORMATICS ANALIST POSITION
The Fundación para la Investigación Biomédica – Instituto de Investigaciones Sanitarias del Hospital Universitario La Paz (FIBHULP-IdiPAZ) is seeking for candidates to cover a Bioinformatics Analyst position available in the Instituto de Genética Médica y Molecular (INGEMM) in the frame of the Comunidad de Madrid Project ENDOSCREEN (P2010/BMD-2396) “IMPLEMENTATION AND APPLICATION OF NEW GENOMIC TOOLS FOR THE RESEARCH AND DIAGNOSIS OF GENETIC ENDOCRINE DISORDERS: ARRAYCGH, NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING AND BIOINFORMATICS”.
- Support Research Groups in bioinformatics data analysis.
- Apply and develop methods for the analysis of microarrays and next generation massive sequencing-based datasets.
- Analysis of microarrays and massive sequencing data.
- Create test datasets using simulation and identify and obtain appropriate online databases for method validation
- Apply the chosen methods to the analysis of the project datasets, producing genomic maps, comparing these maps across subjects, and identifying signatures and candidate biomarkers.
- Work with all participants in developing effective procedures for data entry and validation
- Ensure Facility Continuity for genomics users: operational incidents resolution in coordination with research teams and Project Coordinator.
- Contribute to support activities:
- Investigation on data issues.
- Contribute to support initiatives according to the priorities.
- Work collaboratively with PIs and as a member of IS project / support teams to identify Programme needs and specify system requirements.
- Interact and communicate on a regular basis with group leaders (incl. management) in R&D departments.
Candidates should possess:
- Master degree in any field of Health Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, etc.), bioinformatics, computational sciences or statistics. PhD degree in the former fields will be appreciated.
- A fluent command of spoken and written English.
- Experience in massive sequencing data processing and algorithms development.
- Experience in Perl and/or Pythom programming. R experience will be appreciated.
- Experience as webmaster.
- Incorporation into a newly created and growing Research Center, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Incorporation: October 1st, 2012 (Pending of Comunidad de Madrid approval).
- Gross Salary: 26.790 €/year
- Duration: 15 months (possible extension for 24 additional months)
- Place of work: Hospital Universitario La Paz – INGEMM - FIBHULP