The Centro Nacional de Investigadores Cardiovasculares (CNIC: the Spanish nacional cardiovascular research center) is a public foundation established by the Spanish Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs through the Carlos III Institute of Health. The Center´s innovative financing structure includes a significant contribution from the private sector.
The CNIC is dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. The Center is located in a recently constructed building in the center of Madrid. The building has a total floor space of 23.000 m2 and is equipped with the latest scientific equipment and research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC has a European Project Manager position available.
Provide support in financial and administrative management of the EU Initial Training Network FP7-PEOPLE-2013-ITN CardioNext. The tasks include: preparation of economical and scientific reports, organization of network activities such as training courses, dissemination actions and student´s secondments, and liaison with the EU partners among others.
Candidates should possess:
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 2 years project management experience
- Very good command of English
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Other merits such as a Doctoral degree and knowledge of other EU languages will also be valued.
The CNIC offers:
- A two years ‘full-time’ contract with the possibility of extension
- Salary to be negotiated according to merits and experience (range from 33,000 to 38,000 € per year)
- Incorporation into a newly created and growing Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Starting date: September 2013.
Send CV and a cover letter addressing your qualifications as they pertain to this position, and contact information of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 15, 2013.
The CNIC treats all applicants and employees equally irrespective of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age or political belief. Confidentiality is guaranteed throughout the selection process and all current regulations relating to the protection of personal data will be strictly adhered to.