Researcher in training at IMDEA Energy to work on Graphene and other 2D materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage
The Institute IMDEA Energy is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the Institute IMDEA Energy is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system. The aim of the Institute is to make a significant impact in all energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
IMDEA Energy is opening a researcher in training position on Electrochemical Energy Storage, with the following characteristics:
- Participation in the synthesis of graphene and metal oxides compounds by chemical methods (sol-gel, hydrothermal, etc).
- Synthesis of hybrid materials based on graphene and other 2D structures.
- Physico-chemical characterization of materials by means of X-Ray diffraction, Raman spectrospopy, TEM, XPS, etc
- Integration of those materials in electrodes for electrochemical devices.
- Electrochemical characterization of materials and electrodes by electrochemical techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, galvanostatic charge-discharge and impedance spectroscopy.
- Application of those materials as electrode in electrochemical energy storage: supercapacitors and metal-air batteries.
- Being in possession of an official Master Degree in Energy or Material Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Having no more than 5 years in possession of an official degree.
- Knowledge and experience in some of the following areas are required: materials research, nanomaterials, electrochemistry, and energy storage.
- Knowledge in electrochemical energy storage, electrocatalysis and hybrid materials are desirable.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Location: Mostoles, Madrid, Spain.
Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise of the candidate.
Duration: One year appointment with annual renewal depending on performance, up to a maximum of 2 years.
Reference: 14.12.EQ3 PRE
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, covering letter and student records with the average marks obtained not later than the 19th of December at 15:00h to the following address:
Subject: Reference 14.12.EQ3 PRE
ESTA OFERTA HA SIDO DIFUNDIDA EN LA PÁGINA WEB DE IMDEA ENERGÍA