The Institute IMDEA Energy is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the InstituteIMDEA Energy is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system. The aim of the Institute is to make a significant impact in all energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
IMDEA Energy is opening a researcher in training position on Microbial Biotechnology for Digestate Treatment, with the following characteristics:
• Selection of microorganisms and best inoculation strategies
• Evaluation of different growth modes
• Kinetic study and mechanisms of digestate nutrients removal
Your Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• Being in possession of an official B.Sc. degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
• Having no more than 5 years in possession of this official degree.
• Being in possession or being currently studying an official Master Degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bioprocesses or equivalent is highly recommended.
• Experience in environmental bioprocesses is required.
• Hand-on expertise working with microalgae and aerobic/anaerobic cultures will be highly appreciated.
• Expertise in analytical techniques will be valued.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Location: Móstoles, Madrid, Spain.
Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise of the candidate.
Duration: One year appointment.
Reference: 17.29 BT3 PRE
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, covering letter and student records with the average marks obtained not later than the 25 of August at 15:00h to the following address:
Subject: Reference 17.29 BT3 PRE