The Institute IMDEA Energy is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the Institute IMDEA Energy is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system. The aim of the Institute is to make a significant impact in all energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
The Electrochemical Processes Unit of IMDEA Energía is performing research and development of high-efficiency electrochemical energy storage devices, mainly for coupling them with renewable energy sources and for sustainable transport. The Electrochemical Processes Unit is opening a Postdoctoral Scientist Position that will be dedicated to the development of Structural Batteries.
• R&D on Structural Li-ion batteries.
• Assembly of solid Li-ion batteries using polymer electrolytes.
• Scaling up the fabrication process of structural Li-ion batteries.
• Participation in national and international projects funded by Public Bodies and Private Companies.
• Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals and patents.
• Supervision of PhD, Master and undergraduate students.
• Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar.
• More than 2 years of experience as a postdoctoral researcher.
• Solid background on synthesis and characterization of materials and components for Li-ion batteries, metal-air batteries, and other advanced rechargeable batteries.
• Solid background on fabrication of Li-ion cells (coin-cells, Swagelok and pouch-cells).
• Solid background on electrochemical characterization of materials, cells and stacks.
• Participation in technology transfer activities.
• Participation in projects leaded by companies.
• Experience on supervision of Master and PhD students
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Location: Móstoles, Madrid, Spain.
Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise.
Duration: The position is available immediately and is a one-year appointment, renewable.
Reference: 17.19.EQ8 POD
We are looking forward to your application.
For further information contact Dr. Rebeca Marcilla, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (publications list included) and covering letters by September 15th 2017 at 14:00 h to the following address:
Subject: Referencia 17.19.EQ8 POD