PROJECT & POLICY ASSISTANT (full-time/maternity cover)
EUA is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic project & policy assistant for a ten-month maternity cover within its Institutional Development Unit. The contract should start in the second half of July 2018 and a training period is foreseen.
• Ensure the timely execution of the Institutional Evaluation Programme’s (IEP) evaluations from the contracting phase to the closing report, including the coordination of logistical aspects of site visits by high-level experts to institutions across Europe;
• Organise meetings and events in co-operation with local hosts;
• Contribute to developing project proposals, implementing on-going projects and reporting on them;
• Provide administrative support for day-to-day unit activities and projects, such as booking travels for the unit staff, managing expense claims, filing and correspondence;
• Represent EUA at events.
• The role entails some occasional travelling within Europe. Your profile
• You have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree;
• You have at least two years of work experience in administration or project management;
• You have demonstrated interest in European higher education policies or have worked in a university environment;
• Your English is fluent, both in writing and speech, demonstrated through working in an Englishspeaking and international environment;
• You are a proficient user of MSOffice tools and are interested in learning to use new ones;
• You have the ability to solve problems, multitask, set priorities while paying attention to detail;
• You have good interpersonal skills and express yourself confidently both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels and of diverse backgrounds;
• You are dynamic, conscientious and enjoy working in a team.
What we offer
The Association offers a ten-month contract under Belgian law, and a competitive remuneration package including the full reimbursement of your public transport costs, lunch vouchers and a pension scheme. Our dynamic and committed staff members come from across Europe and beyond and we highly value our diversity. Our office is conveniently located in the European Quarter near the Merode metro station.
How to apply
If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and a motivation letter, quoting your salary expectations, to HR@eua.eu. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline: 15 June 2018.
EUA regrets that we are unable to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.