Predoctoral Scientist Position at IMDEA Energía to work on Energy Management Applications for Future Power Networks
Institute IMDEA Energy is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the Institute IMDEA Energy is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system. The aim of the Institute is to make a significant impact in all energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
The Electrical Systems Unit of IMDEA Energy is developing technologies for active management of future power networks to enable flexible, efficient and reliable integration of energy sources, storage elements and customer demand.
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Scientist Position to work on developing Energy Management Applications for Future Power Networks, with the following characteristics:
• R&D in control algorithms for converter applications in power networks.
• R&D in active management of energy systems.
• Participation in national and international research projects in SmartGrids related subjects. Development of applications for inverter based microgrids and validation of power network management algorithms.
• Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
Your Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• An official MSc. degree in Electrical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering or related disciplines.
• Solid background in Power Electronics, Control Systems, Power Engineering and Communication Networks.
• Good understanding of Power Electronics Circuits, Power Networks Modelling, Renewable Energy Technologies, IT technologies and Real-Time Control systems.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Location: Móstoles, Madrid, Spain.Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise of the candidate.
Duration: One year appointment with annual renewals depending on performance.Reference: 18.19.SE2 PRE
We are looking forward to your application. For further information contact Dr. Milan Prodanovic, E-Mail: email@example.com
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (publications list included) and covering letters by September 20th 2018 to the following address:email:
Subject: Reference 18.19.SE2 PRE