Predoctoral researcher at IMDEA Energy to work on Innovative concepts of pressurized solar receivers for solar thermal electricity generation
The Institute IMDEA Energy is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the Institute IMDEA Energy is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system. The aim of the Institute is to make a significant impact in all energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
The High Temperature Processes Unit of IMDEA Energy develops research on electricity generation, and chemical energy carriers’ synthesis by means of high-temperature processes, mainly using concentrated sunlight, and industrial process heat.
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher Position Innovative concepts of solar receivers for solar thermal electricity generation:
- Experimental analysis of advanced heat exchanging devices (solar-to-thermal).
- Design, development and commissioning of experimental facilities.
- Extract useful engineering information from experimental datasets.
- Design of efficiency-optimised components for solar thermal applications.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
Your Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- BSc. or MSc. degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Physical Sciences or equivalent.
- Experience and/or interest in the use of advanced instrumentation for heat transfer research.
- Experience in the use of engineering software: CAD, FEM, CFD; knowledge of Matlab is a bonus.
- Technical knowledge of multiple types of energy conversion or thermal energy utilization (e.g., process heating, thermal desalination).
- Accredited oral and written communication skills in English.
Location: Móstoles, Madrid, Spain.
Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise of the candidate.
Duration: The position is available immediately and is a one-year appointment with annual renewals.
Reference: 18.46.AT8 PRE
For further information contact: Dr. José González, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, covering letter and student records with the average marks obtained not later than the 1st of March of 2019 at 15:00h to the following address:
Subject: Reference 18.46.AT8 PRE
“Este contrato está financiado a través del programa S2018/EMT-4319 (ACES2030-CM) de la Convocatoria de ayudas para la realización de programas de I+D de Tecnologías 2018 de la Comunidad de Madrid, estando cofinanciado en un 50% por Fondo Social Europeo”