Applications are invited for one technician or PhD Researcher. The person will be involved in the project AUTENFOOD-COMRDI15-1-0035-00, in the frame of the INNOÀPAT RIS3CAT Community, funded by FEDER-UE, for 5 months. After this period, the researcher will continue for other 7 months in the same research line, but the framework of other similar projects.
AUTENFOOD – Food authenticity, traceability and safety, is aimed to guarantee the authenticity and safety of Catalan food products, by improving the detection of frauds. With this aim, innovative analytical strategies will be developed and applied at distinct points of the food chain. The research position is focused on olive oil authentication. The successful candidate will be expected to handle physical and chemical analysis of oil samples and data processing, as well as to participate in the redaction of scientific reports.
- Literature review
- Participation in the study design
- Analysis of samples by GC-MS, UHRMS and RMN.
- Development and validation of authentication models by chemometrics
- Presentation of results in international congresses and writing of research articles.
- Possibility of stays abroad.
Experience and qualifications:
Suitable candidates are highly motivated researchers with a MsC in Analytical Chemistry, Food Science or similar disciplines
Qualifications: above 7.75 (0-10 scale, Spanish qualification system)
- Background in food analysis, especially in lipid and oil analysis.
- Experience in analytical method development for the analysis of oils and fats
- Experience in chromatographic techniques.
- Statistics, especially in the application of chemometrics with authentication purposes
- Previous participation in collaborative projects
- Ability to write and edit scientific report.
- Organised and takes initiative.
- Research stays, grants and awards will be positively evaluated
Description and Information
- 12 months Technician contract with the University of Barcelona. Possibility to extend it for 3 more years as PhD student under the application of a personal research grant from the Catalan (FI call) or Spanish Governments (FPU call).
- Recruitment process includes interview, problem solving and assessment of organizational skills.
- Gross Salary: approx. 1200 € per month
- 21,5 hours per week during the technician period / 37,5 h per week during the PhD
- Job location: University of Barcelona, Food and Nutrition Torribera Campus