The research activities will be focused on applying new bio-materials into photovoltaics for new concepts on light manipulation and light harvesting. We will work on understanding degradation pathways and proposing new additives and polymers to stabilize the bio-materials in operative devices. The candidate will acquire a mature knowledge on handling bio-compounds, spectroscopic, rheology, and microscopic techniques, as well as the fabrication and characterization of photovoltaic devices.
- Candidates should hold a PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Bio-technology (or related discipline). A mature experience on the preparation and characterization of fluorescent proteins is required. Experience in molecular electronics, bio-diagnosis, and photophysics will be positively judged.
- Excellent academic records and a strong commitment to develop an academic career in an international and multidisciplinary environment are expected.
- Fluent oral and written English is required as this is the official language of the group. No knowledge of Spanish is totally fine (free lessons provided).
- Interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae (including complete contact information for two references) and a one-page statement of their motivation.
- Full time contract including social security coverage.
- Salary depending on previous experience and credentials.
- The position will be open until the candidate is selected.