Predoctoral Scientist Position at IMDEA Energía to work on Control of Power Electronics Converters for Grid Applications
Institute IMDEA Energy is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The primary objectives of the Institute are to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system and to make a significant impact in all energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
The Electrical Systems Unit of IMDEA Energy is developing algorithms for control of power electronics converters in future power networks to enable flexible, efficient and reliable integration of energy sources, storage elements and customer demand.
The Electrical Systems Unit is opening a Predoctoral Scientist Position to work on Control of Power Electronics Algorithms for Grid Applications with the following characteristics:
- R&D in control algorithms for converter applications in microgrids and power networks.
- Implementation and experimental validation of control algorithms in a Power HIL environment (Smart Energy Integration Lab).
- Participation in national and international research projects in SmartGrids related subjects.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
Your Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- An official MSc. degree in Electrical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering or related disciplines.
- Solid background in Power Electronics, Control Systems, Power Engineering and Communication Networks, HIL technologies.
- Good understanding of Power Electronics Circuits, Power Networks Modelling, Renewable Energy Technologies, IT technologies and Real-Time Control systems.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Location: Móstoles, Madrid, Spain.
Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise of the candidate.
Duration: The position is a one-year appointment with annual renewals depending on performance.
Reference: 19.05.SE1 PRE
Looking forward to receiving your application.
For further information contact Dr. Milan Prodanovic, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, cover letters and student records indicating average marks by March 8th 2019 at 15:00h to the following address:
Subject: Reference 19.05.SE1 PRE