The Nanomalaria group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Pre-doctoral Researcher to work within the framework of a project from La Marató de TV3 Foundation, whose objective is the development of coated liposome nanocomplexes as drug delivery systems for the treatment of leishmaniasis.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Targeting analysis of nanocarriers to Leishmania-infected macrophages using flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy.
- In vitro drug activity assays in cell cultures.
- Subcellular localization studies of nanocarriers by confocal fluorescence microscopy and transmission electron microscopy.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications and/or hands-on knowledge of cell culture techniques (specifically on the culture of Leishmaniawill be a plus).
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Integrity, Critical and Analytical Thinking, Resilience, Openness, Continuous Learning.
- High level of English.
- Laboratory experience in flow cytometry, confocal fluorescence microscopy, and animal experimentation with mice will be highly valued.
- Computer literacy and analytical skills.
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: From March 1 and September 1, 2019
- Working conditions:
- Full time 3-year contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2019 (Reference: PhD-XFB).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.