The winners of the twelfth edition are:
- madri+d Award for Best Patent: "Miniaturized Instrument simulator of simultaneous vision", by Dr. Carlos Dorronsoro, State Agency of the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC)
- Second prize: "Uso de esteronitronas para el tratamiento y prevención del ictus o accidente cerebrovascular, enfermedades de alzhéimer, párkinson y esclerosis lateral amiotrófica", by Dr. Alberto Alcázar, Ramón y Cajal Institute for Health Research (IRYCIS)
COMPANIES AND TECHNOLOGY-BASED IDEAS CATEGORY
- madri+d Award for Best Technology Based Company: Showleap Technologies, a company that works to develop the first LSE (Spanish Sign Language) translator to speech and vice versa, in real time.
- Second prize: Auto Drive Solutions, a Madrid company promoted by a doctorate from the Telecommunications School of the Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM) that develops technologies for vehicle guidance, based on a minimum adaptation of the infrastructure.
- madri+d Award for Best Technology Based Idea: Brainguard, an idea promoted by a team of researchers from the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) and the University Hospital La Princesa, whose objective is to provide an effective migraine prediction tool up to 47 minutes in advance so that patients can manage the medication intake, thus reducing its intensity or avoiding the crisis.
- Second prize: Counterfog, the result of a European project coordinated by the University of Alcalá (UAH), made up of partners such as the Research Center for Energy, Environment and Technology (CIEMAT), is a system that produces a fog that can be spread over very large areas and reduce pollution and dangerous emissions.
- Special mention to the Business Trajectory: Ingeniería Viesca, which designs and manufactures power electronic equipment, controlling all phases from the study of customer needs to the commissioning and post-sales of the equipment.
EUROPEAN PROJECTS CATEGORY
- madri+d Award for the Best European R&D Project in Cooperation: METAFLUIDICS of the Autonomous University of Madrid, led by researcher Aurelio Hidalgo Huertas.
- Second prize: NoCanTher, coordinated by IMDEA Nanociencia and led by researcher Álvaro Somoza Calatrava.
- madri+d Award for the Best European Research Council Project: HYMAP of the IMDEA Energía Institute, led by researcher Víctor A. de la Peña O' Shea.
- madri+d Marie Sklodowska-Curie Award for the Best Individual Action: MEMOTION by Elena Solesio Jofre de Villegas, researcher at the Autonomous University of Madrid.
SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION CATEGORY
- madri+d Award for Scientific Communication: "¿Se modifica el cerebro con la maternidad?", by Dr. Susana Carmona of IIS Gregorio Marañón.
- Second prize: "Materiales para un ascensor espacial", from blog “Materiales al día”, by Patricia Muñoz Alonso of the Research Center for Energy, Environment and Technology (CIEMAT).
Rules of the XII madri+d Awards
in pdf format (318.94 Kb)