Follow-up of Official Degrees
In accordance with the new regulatory framework approved since the entry into force in our country of the European Higher Education Area, the process to be followed by any degree that has an official character is the following:
- Study plan design and approval by the University's governing bodies.
- Verification of the study plan by ANECA to determine its compliance with legal requirements.
- Authorization of the implementation of the degree by the Autonomous Community.
- Follow-up of the implementation of the plan by the Foundation to verify compliance with the commitments initially made by the University.
- Renewal of accreditation by the Foundation in which the results obtained must be verified with respect to the initial project approved.
Within the framework of state legislation and in accordance with the provisions of Royal Decree 1393/2007, agencies have among their competencies the obligation to verify compliance with the project contained in the plan of studies presented by universities and verified by the Council of Universities.
In order to comply with state and regional regulations, the Autonomous Community of Madrid is carrying out the process of monitoring the official degrees introduced by universities since 2012.
Evaluation and accreditation of official degrees
madri+d Foundation for Knowledge will be the body that will carry out in the Community of Madrid the evaluation functions of the university environment and the rest that the Organic Law 6/2001 of December 21, on Universities, and the regulations dictated in its development attributed to the evaluation bodies of the Autonomous Communities.
In this context, and within the framework of state legislation, once the official bachelor's and master's degrees have been implemented, the monitoring and renewal of the accreditation of these degrees take on special importance within the new European Higher Education Area.