ESA BIC Community of Madrid is the Business Incubation Center of the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Community of Madrid, coordinated by the madri+d Foundation, which provides incentives for business projects and startups that use space technologies or develop applications based on these technologies, in order to create products and services that are not space-related.
Since 2004, ESA Business Incubation Centers (ESA BICs) - set up by ESA's Office of Technology Transfer - have provided technical and business development support to new European companies.
ESA BIC Community of Madrid is 50% co-financed by ESA and the Community of Madrid, through its Department of Economy, Employment and Finance. The financing of ESA has been guaranteed through its Spanish delegation, formed by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, through its General Secretariat for Industry and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, and the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI).
Benefits for participants
ESA BIC Community of Madrid provides financial, technical and business support incentives to eight business projects each year:
- 50,000 euros in two years: 50% for prototype development, software development, etc. 50% for new employment linked to product or market development.
- Access to the European network of ESA BICs coordinated by ESA-TTPO.
- Technical support by Program partners for product, software and prototype development.
- Specific advice and mentoring for new companies.
- International Contacts
- Support in the search for funding
Requirements for participation
- Have an entrepreneurial project or a startup with less than 5 years of life that uses space technologies, or that develops applications based on those technologies in order to create new non-space related products and services.
- Follow the indications and conditions of participation reflected in the open call (link to download below).
- High growth potential.
- Registered address of the company in the Community of Madrid, in one of the four locations of the incubator ESA BIC Community of Madrid, no later than 6 months after its incorporation into the program. Locations: Montegancedo Business Centre (UPM), Leganés Technological Business Incubator (UC3M), Madrid Science Park (PCM) and Móstoles Business Incubator (URJC).
- Formal aspects (10%)
- Background and experience (30%)
- Business proposal (20%)
- Technology / service (20%)
- Proposal activity (20%)
With financing from: