The Institute for Theoretical Physics (IFT) in Madrid is offering PhD positions for talented Early Stage Researchers within the framework of the “la Caixa” doctoral INPhINIT fellowships, in the fields of Particle Physics, Astroparticles and Cosmology
The doctoral INPhINIT Fellowship Programme – Incoming aims to support the best scientific talent —of any nationality— and foster innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international researchers and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
These are 3 year PhD positions at the top scientific research centres in Spain, accredited with the Severo Ochoa excellence award. Candidates are expected to have completed their Master by October 2022, to start their PhD studies. The international character of the program requires candidates to have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the deadline for applications.
On top of a competitive salary, the position offers a dedicated budget for short scientific visits to other research centres. In addition the IFT offers additional funds to attend schools or international workshops related to the PhD research topics.
The IFT is offering 10 projects within this Call:
– A Machine Learning approach to unraveling the nature of dark matter and dark energy (Savvas Nesseris)
– A promising window to new physics through neutrino experiment (Pilar Coloma)
– BSM phenomenology at particle colliders and machine learning (Ernesto Arganda Carreras)
– Cold-atom quantum technologies: a new playground for the quantum simulation of high-energy physics (Alejandro Bermúdez Carballo)
– Early Universe Cosmology and Physics Beyond the Standard Model (Guillermo Ballesteros)
– Gravitational wave data analysis: Exploring the origin and history of black holes (Juan García-Bellido Capdevila)
– Holography of strongly correlated electronic systems / PhD on Applied Holography (Daniel Arean Fraga)
– String Theory, Quantum Gravity and High Energy Physics (Luis Enrique Ibañez Santiago)
– The non-perturbative dynamics of particle physics at the forefront of computational methods (Gregorio Herdoíza)
– Towards the identification of Dark Matter: particle models and experimental searches (David G. Cerdeño)
IFT and La Caixa Foundation are equal opportunity institutions. Applications by female scientists are specially encouraged.
Applications should be completed online
More information: See attached files